Sunday 15 June 2008

Me and My Lovely Daughter Faye Race For Life


Hi All, what a busy weekend! All Wales Cub Funday on Saturday and Race For Life today. Those of you who know me will be flabbergasted to see a piccy of me because I HATE having my piccy taken. The only reason I have posted it is because me and my lovely daughter Faye were running in memory of my Husband Clive who passed away suddenly in January. Taking part in the race was sad but also happy . For everyone out there who has taken part in a Race For Life you know the wonderful feeling you get at the end, you really do feel you have done something worthwhile for your missing loved one. I'm not going to get all maudlin so I'll finish by saying, anyone out there still to do their Race for Life I hope you have been training because my thighs and bum are absolutely killing me!!!!!! Oh but we did do it in 45mins which we think is good for a first attempt! Roll on next year!!!

9 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

Go Glenda... that is fantastic and a cause close to my heart too :) I am a cancer survivor :) :) :) Am sure your husband would be very proud of you and your daughter, such a fantastic thing to do.

Elaine x

Bev said...

Well done Glenda to both you and Faye for taking part.

Pauline said...

Well done to you both Glenda - a wonderful thing to do and a great feeling of achievement when you finish. Lovely photo of you and your daughter and hope the aches have gone now.

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fantastic glenda - your one of many heroes who did this race - you all deserve HUGE medals!!

hugs jane x

Sonia said...

Well done to you both :) You should be proud, you both look great.
Sonia x

Lesley said...

Well done to both you and Faye. A wonderful thing to do and such a worthy cause. You should both be very proud of yourselves. Hope you have recovered now. x

Linny said...

A wonderful achievement Glenda and Faye.Well done both of you. Lindax

Paul said...

Well done on completing the Race. How did you find it? Is it too cheeky to ask you your completion time? And pass on my congratulations to Faye too.

Paul

Wendy said...

Well done Glenda and Faye you should be proud of yourselves.
Wendy H x