Tuesday 17 June 2008

How I Got Started!!



This card was the reason I started crafting. It was my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary and I couldn't find a card for them. I'd already bought the magazine and spookily in the middle was a 50th anniversary card. I liked the layout but thought I could make it abit more special. I set out printing the text from my computer, which took ages! then stained it with cold tea to give it colour. Gathered as much gold stuff :- ribbons, beads, fairy hair or something like that!, papers, you name it I panic bought it! Then I called a crafting mate in desperation for help! Tap on the door and in comes help with a tag maker and a cuttlebug! Never seen one before. Without that help I would still be there now!! That was last September!!!!! You might need to click to enlarge to see in detail!

6 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

Wow Glenda, what a fabulous card, a great memento of their 50th Anniversary, such a great take on the original mag idea.. its stunning. I bet your parents thought so too, so personal :) :) :)

Elaine x

ella bella said...

beautiful card very special, i bet they loved it :)

Paul said...

What a FANTASTIC card! So much personal detail gone into it with the names and dates. As Elaine said, not simply a card but a momento too. What a turn up for the books (or magazine!) finding that layout when you really needed it!

Paul

Pauline said...

A very special and lovely card Glenda - no matter how long it took it was worth every minute.
x

Anonymous said...

Great card Glenda, I would never have thought of something like this, but it makes it so personal.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This was your start? You're a natural born card maker. Stunning! I simply LOVE that layout. Thanks for the amazing inspiration! :0)